Arbitration in Hungary
Hungary is party to the most important international arbitration treaties. Hungary has signed and ratified:
- the Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards of 1958 (New York Convention)1;
- the European Convention on International Commercial Arbitration of 1961 (Geneva Convention)2;
- the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States of 1965 (ICSID Convention)3
- the Energy Charter Treaty of 19944.
- almost 60 (sixty) bilateral investment protection treaties with different European and other countries.
For our latest confidential 54 page report on Hungary and Arbitration Developments, Contact Us today!